RE: [ST] Re: Rallie Routes

Lisa,

Most of that route is on good pavement.  I'm going to be up on some of
those roads this Sunday so will have a chance to see how they wintered.
  From about Mora to Taos via 518, the road gets tighter.  Nothing too
surprising and usually pretty light traffic, but can be a lot of fun over
80MPH.  After that, the road is pretty straight except for a short patch on
64 past Tres Piedras and again crossing the Colorado border.  I've only
been north of  Durango once, but the road between Silverton and Ouray is
challenging.  If you are tired and it is dark, this one could bite.

If you are riders who don't stop much, I would think that 8 hours would be
enough providing you don't run into rain or construction.  You will be at
higher elevations after leaving Las Vegas so will be much cooler than
Texas.  Northern New Mexico has been in the '70s this week.

Dan
'99ST