Re: [ST] RE: Psycho-World's 10 Best

I spent about a hour sitting on and crawling all over the Futura's at
the Cycle World show in Philly this past winter. I think the bike is
very cool. It's got some nice features and I like the styling, yes
it's different, is that a bad thing?? The only thing that would keep
me from buying a Futura is the reports that the motor isn't real
smooth. I wouldn't trade the smoothness and torque of the triple for
a less smooth V-twin. As for suspension, that's the one area that I
feel Triumph ought to step up. The Daytona which costs only a few
hundred bucks more has MUCH, MUCH, better front forks. I REALLY hope
they ( Triumph) are listening and will address this short coming in
the next ST. In fact when they do a new ST, Triumph had better be
wide awake as to what the market is doing, they could do so much more
to the ST, Daytona motor, fully adjustable cartridge front forks, it
would be THE sport tourer to own! I'll bet that in 2 years we'll see
a Yamaha FJR-1300, a dialed in Aprilia Futura, prolly a new Honda ST,
and who knows what other hot bikes. Triumph needs to stay current to
stay competitive in the US market, brand name and loyalty alone won't
help them grow their market share.

Erik