[ST] RE: And Dealers wonder why they are losing business to mail order

Scott's e-mail sounded so (justifiably) critical about his Houston dealers
that I thought it only fair to speak up strongly in favor of our local
dealer here in Lafayette.

I haven't had much cause to use them beyond a service and two tire changes,
but I make a point of buying whatever I need from them if possible.

Having said that, I've been very clear with them - if they have something I
want, I expect to pay a decent percentage more than mail-order but I don't
expect to be robbed and raped for the privilege of having them 3 miles from
my house, but I do want them to make a decent profit.

It was Scot's mention of damaged rims which really got my attention:  the
first time they changed my tires they scratched my rims, making quite a mess
of the rear.  The next tire change (which was very soon after as I went off
a two-week 5000 mile trip) they had both rims powder coated for me at no
cost.

No, I have no association with the dealer (Stan Cosper at EuroCycles, who
also have Aprilia and may eventually have MG too) but I like the way they
run their business!

Alex