Re: [ST] Fuel Stabilizer - OK for the Sprint?

Neil,

 What you say is true. I am not a scientist, but I do know that if your
octane is too low it will cause problems, like pre ignition and
overheating problems and hard starting. Which can lead to lower MPG
because of lack of efficiency. As stated in your Triumph manual the ST
calls for 95 octane. Well, the highest available octane here in Portland
Or is 92, unless you buy trick gas which is like 5 or 6 dollars a
gallon. I did notice a power improvement and smother running engine with
the increase of three octane. It is not to say that 92 octane is too low
but if you can get the octane rating up to what is called for in the
manual, why not. Plus it is one of those out of sight out of mind
things. I never have to remember to put stabilizer in my tank when I put
my ride to sleep for the bad months in winter. I think allot of folks
get that kind of MPG with there ST's, and if they don't maybe it is
worth a try?

Ride Safe Have Fun
Paul Reyes
99 ST Blk