Re: [ST] Fuel Stabilizer - OK for the Sprint?

Neil and Ben,

 Thanks for the information on the difference between RON and Octane
numbers. The web site is helpful in showing me the difference. I did not
know that they were not the same (ignorance is bliss) not. If 92 Octane
= 96 RON than 92 Octane is just about right since the manual calls for
95 RON. I do feel a difference in power though with a 3 point raise in
my Octane. Oh, just to let you all know I don't sell the stuff that I am
putting in my tank, I am just a consumer that likes the product. Neil,
If the level of Octane did not matter why do racing applications use
higher Octane, plus I would never put in alcohol to stabilize my fuel. I
would rather buy a product for that purpose so I don't screw things up.
And yes, I know that they already put in alcohol in our fuel to help
lower emissions. Most of the auto related information I have read states
not to use over a certain amount of alcohol in your fuel.  I know that
at work on our chain saws that are not used that often they went to a
low Octane fuel to stop gumming of the saws, and they run like c--p.

 Well, it is a cold and crisp sunny day here in the Northwest so I am
off on a ride.

Ride Safe Have Fun
Paul Reyes
99 ST Blk