Re: [ST] Comparo : ST -v- ST4s (INSURANCE)

I just wanted to chime in too...my ST is my first
street bike (am I spoiled now?), so I was a real
rookie when it came to shopping for insurance for my
bike, and shoked at some of the US$1800-2000/yr quotes
(BTW, that was Allstate).

ANYWAY, when I was shopping for bikes and insurance I
found that State Farm only wants to know the
manufacturer, year and engine displacement.  They gave
me a similar quote (+/- US$25) for a Honda CBR929RR
and the ST.  An ancient Honda cruiser I was thinking
about getting was somewhere around $35 less than the
ST for the year.

I spend less than US$35 per month for my bike
insurance.  However, they would only take the bike if
they had my car, and they were slightly higher for my
car than most others, but still 'competitive'.

Do you not have State Farm where you are, or have you
not checked with them.  I found them when a fellow
motorcyclist told me they were 'motorcycle friendly'.