[ST] NOT the same clutch cable thread, please read

To all ST/RS in the recall range please take the time to remove the
clutch lever end of the cable. I just did and found something amazing on
my 14,141 miles ST. Half the strands have been sheered. After talking to
STeve last night I gave myself the impression since the cable had not
broke yet, it won't, I'm safe. Looks like I was wrong, not the first time
in my life, and probably won't be the last.

Part of the reason why I assumed I was safe is the I looked at the cable
end, with out removing it, and there was no visible fraying, all the
strands looked as they should. But alas, they are not.

Looks like I will be calling a Triumph dealer in the next couple of
minutes.

T.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500