Re: [ST] Battery Tender

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Mann"

> Do you leave the battery in the bike with the Battery Tender on it?

Yes -- for the ST the best thing to do is to get the male plug that fits
your accessory socket and make up an adapter to use with the Battery Tender
cable.  I don't think you can order the male plug from Triumph, but you can
get it thru BMW or John Deere.  The John Deere part number is RE11344.

> Is this
> the "smart" type battery charger?

Defintely

> And, lastly, where is the best place to
> get one? (I need 2 - 1 for the bike and 1 for the Camaro).

I bought mine from my motorcycle dealer

The fact that you mention your need for two chargers reminds me of something
that I wanted to ask of the group.  I was wondering about the feasibility of
using a single charger to 'tend' two batteries (in two different vehicles)
simultaneously.  Any comments?

Neil