[ST] 24K service and brakes

Howdy folks,
	Thought I would do a "quick" post on the 24K service:
1.) Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators and 95KG springs: Awesome!!! I can't
believe I waited this long to get this done. A caveat here, I like the front
fairly stiff. I don't like using up all of the preload to accomplish this.
The Race Tech set-up is compliant on the sharp stuff (highway joints), but
really stable and stiff in the corners. Just fantastic!
2.) EBC HH brake pads: WOOHOO!!! This bike NEVER I mean NEVER stopped this
well before. A warning here, take some time to get used to them. I was cut
off by a cage on the way home from the dealer and did a "stoppie" when I
reeled in the front. One word: WOW!!!
3.)  Stage 12 tune: Fantastic. Heh Heh Heh. A quick note/recounting of the
mechanic's comments (he had never ridden my ST, but had set up several new
ones): "cripes, is that a Daytona mill in there?!" The combination of stage
12, synchronized throttle bodies, K&N air filter, & the 17x43 gearing I'm
running now enables the bike to pull the front wheel off the ground in the
first three gears on power alone! Goodness gracious good googly mooglies,
this is fun!
	Now for the test ride: 650 miles through North Georgia, Southeastern
Tennessee, and Southwestern North Carolina. This was not the planned ride.
It was just supposed to be our regular "loop", 300 miles through North
Georgia. Due to forest fires, we had to go a bit out of the way to get home.
Riding with a CBR 929RR, and a ZX9R. I was spending most of my time leading
due to the nature of the roads (lots of twisties, mmmm good) where torque
was more valuable than top end speed. The bike was flawless. Both my fellow
riders were floored by the rate I was getting out of the corners and walking
away from their more sport focused mounts. Bottom line is this: the darned
thing is the best all round bike I have ever owned! I was also by far the
most comfortable of the three at the end of a very long day that involved
much leaf looking cage traffic. I truly do love this bike(gush mode off)!

Back soon with more,
Later,
Dave Smoot