Re: [ST] Cooling Systems

- -----Original Message-----
From: by way of Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Cooling Systems

>  I am going to change my coolant and was wondering if anyone has used
>Evans Cooling Products. It was developed for racing and is approved for
>track use and street use. It has a 300+ deg. boiling point, even when
>not under pressure. I spoke with a distributor here in Portland Or and
>he stated that it would help your engine run cooler and you don't have
>to drain your system to go on the track. You use it straight out of the
>jug, no water added. The cost is $25.00 per gallon which is more than
>the ST takes, I believe my manual says 2.8 Liters. If I remember a
>gallon is 3.3 Liters,

I haven't noticed any cooling problems with ST's (and I live in Southeast US
where it gets miserably hot in summer). Sounds to me like it's a solution in
search of a problem.

But if you think it's what you want, be aware that propylene glycol is
pretty common stuff and can be had for a lot cheaper than $25 a gallon.
Amsoil offers it on-line for approx $15 a gallon. Go
here -->http://www.pecuniary.com/synthetics/antifreeze.html and web searches
can probably find an even cheaper source at chemical supply house........

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA #90 Ex
Lottsa Dus
'99 Triumph ST