Re: [ST] alt.motorcycles.triumph??

There are pro's and con's, as there are to everything.
 Here's mu list based on my experiences with online
message boards.

Pro's:
No worries of filling up a mailbox
Inherently threaded
Inherently archived
Can check from virtually any computer (same true if
using free email service like yahoo, hotmail, etc)

Con's:
Spammers gain easier access
More difficult to boot people out
Easy for some people to get out of habit of reading
You have to deal with pesky software that manages the
site, or write it yourself.

I'm sure there are folks who will think some of my
con's are baseless, but I imagine most people want to
spend less time doing something like this than they do
riding, or even vegetating in front of the television.