Re: [ST] alt.motorcycles.triumph??

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Chris wrote:

> I've often wondered if people would like to use a threaded message board
> instead of a mailing list. You'd need a browser to read and post instead of
> email. Any thoughts on that?

Problem there is it can be hard to sort through what you have an have
not read, even though I would love to read audiworld.com more often, I
find sorting through all the stuff I have read is a real PITA, as well
for ergonic reasons I do my best to not touch the mouse. Going to a
browser solution would definately not help that at all.

Simply put, a mailer interface that you like is going to be a lot
quicker than a web interface at reading messages only once in a
reasonably quick fashion. IMNSHO of course.

As far as going NNTP, I would love to on a private server, that is a
password protected server. So you get the best of both worlds, keep the
spammers out, private discussion only where all users have to register
and get usernames/passwords. But you can used nice threaded news
readers.

Bad part would of course be, pissibly more work for our list admin.
Anyway, I think he already has enough people buying him beer at the
rallyes anyway, no?

ymmv,
Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500