RE: [ST] alt.motorcycles.triumph??

In your message regarding RE: [ST] alt.motorcycles.triumph?? dated Tue, 27 Nov
2001 17:22:04 +0100, Cunningham Andrew said that ...

> > desends into near chat room banter when we a lot of us are online. The
> > only problem we're currently facing is having a few malcreants who
> > insist on violating the rules of the board. My 2¢
>CA-
>CA-  Which is the big problem with going to a newsgroup style format!  It's
>CA-  almost impossible to keep the trolls/spammers/cretins out.  I think this
>CA-  list works superbly in its current form and see no positive reason for it to
>CA-  be changed.

Ditto

Essentially "James Lani" <jamesadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>'s problem lies in that he
takes the list in digest format - if I had my way no mailing list would exist
in digest format since it impossible to maintain threading when people refer to
'Re: Digest xxxxx'. If he were to take the list in normal (individual posting)
format and use an email client capable of threading (and filtering to a
separate folder) then he would not see any real difference between reading a
newsgroup or taking this list.

Of course it would really help if he switched off 'send as HTML' in Eudora then
his threads would be maintained instead of having to be fudged by Eric into
text for this list!

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/