Re: [ST] alt.motorcycles.triumph!!!!!

At 05:37 PM 11/27/2001 -0500, "James Lani" <jamesadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>However, its disappointing and shocking to read the somewhat aggressive
>opinions about changing the format.

It may just be the way you did it that caused the reactions seen. I
personally would never dream of sending an email like that without
consulting the list owner first...

>If you populate that group more, it might grow, and further more interest
>in Triumphs.

It might, but then again it might not. I run a few lists using forum and
quite honestly don't like the format at all. The funny thing is that two of
them have sendmail added so that new messages are sent via email as well as
posting to the web page. I just find it too time consuming to sit in front
of a web page to read messages.

>Additionally, attacks on my intelligence, or my abilities to use computers
>not only insults the person makes the statement, but couldn't be further
>from the truth.

right that is - I see that you were able to follow directions for posting
messages in text..... ;-)

>This is a good mailing list, and I was suggesting how it could be
>better.  If you choose not to make it so, that's fine by me.

and by me...

>   Topic closed.

maybe.... I think it may be a few more posts before this thread dies off.....

>P.S.  "Jack" referred to Jack Lilley, the sponsor of the mailing
>list.  All due respects to Eric...

Actually that is the company name shown in the footer - Jack Lilley Ltd.
(notice the Ltd.). Jack Lilley started the company and after he passed away
a few years ago, his son (our sponsor) Steve Lilley took over. Steve
continues to big a big part of Triumph's success story and his generous
support keeps this and other lists / sites in operation.

- -Eric