Re: [ST] Dead Battery & Management Light

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 04:50  pm, Lord Culver wrote:

> Hello Trumpeteers,
>
> I have a question about removing/recharging/replacing batteries and the
> engine management light.
>
> Every time I recharge my battery and replace it into the bike, the
> engine management light goes on and stays on.
>
> Last time I took it to Triumph (Jack Lilley) who kindly checked it out,
> reset the engine management system and upgraded the tune to version 11.
> All this for free...!
>
> But will this happen every time I remove/recharge/replace my battery?
>

> Jonny
>
> PS I have an alarm/immobiliser which drains the battery on a regular
> basis and being an infrequent rider it's my own fault!!!

Hello, another Lilley's customer. I should think the engine management
light comes on just to say it is not too sure about what state the world
is in after having the power taken away. Same sort of thing happens if
you run out of fuel, it sorts itself out after three start - warm up -
stop cycles. Does your bike sit somewhere you can plug it in to a
battery tender like an Optimate?

Cheers, Dave