[ST] Paint on fairing of ST

My paint on the lower fairing is starting to look like it needs to be
redone.  It is chipped from whatever the front tire has been kicking up.
Basically, small chips all over the sides and more so at the front.  The
chips are pretty well sand sized or a little bigger.  I ride on paved roads
so I can say it's not from gravel.  The fairing looks like hell when I wax
it...black paint with white specs all over.  How is the paint holding up for
some of you other guys???  Even with the fairing exposed like that I would
have thought the paint would hold up better than this.

Total mileage is about 20,000, FYI.