Re: [ST] New file uploaded

Dirty Dawg wrote:

>Would this be our own Scotty and China Dawg caught on film at the Dragon?
>
>URL :-
>http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/093001_03_michelle.jpg

Look Mum, we're famous, we're on the Internet!  Were you up at the Gap too?

We were at the Gap on Sunday with Simon, a friend visiting from the UK.  He
had the stylish K75 low seat from Agogo in Morganton, China Dawg & I had
their R1100GS, a new addition to their fleet.  We rode the Gap and decided
that we needed T-shirts that said "I rode the Gap like an old granny and I
don't care!"  Our riding 'style' was cramped a bit by the ambulance we saw
en route, the guy dragging his bike out of a ditch and the $1000 deposit on
each bike...but who cares, we rode it and we got the T-shirt!

I also discovered why so many GS riders weld an extension onto their
sidestands.  The stand is just too short to keep the bike really stable - I
parked the GS very carefully at Grandfather Mountain, facing slightly uphill
and with a slight uphill slope to the left, and the darn thing still tipped
over the sidestand to the left. Grrr...but nothing like as grrr...as I felt
when we parked outside Nantahala Outdoor Centre and some unknown person
knocked Simon's bike over onto the GS, breaking the cooling fins on the left
cylinder.  So I'll be paying for a new cylinder block.  Grrr...

Keith Peters - Fred at Agogo mentioned that your favourite R1100S had a
wreck last week and may be totalled.  Shame, it was a fun bike!

Beam me up to the Blue Ridge Parkway,

Scotty