Re: [ST] oil drip

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 05:47:41PM -0700, Jim wrote:
> ok to say i am beginning to get annoyed with my 99 Sprint would be an
> understatement.  I have gone thru two fuel senders, the paint peeling
> from the bottom part of the fairing, and now i have an oil leak.  i am
> really glad that all this is still under warranty.  i hope! i think the
> most annoying thing is that it is an hour ride to the motorcycle shop,
> and then they don't have a temp bike to give me.  ok so who else has had
> an oil leak and where did it come from? was it easy to fix?  if so can
> you tell me what you saw, symptoms, and how you fixed it.  i am not real
> keen on leaving my bike again w/o a spare.  i knew i shouldn't have sold
> my speed triple.

I had a couple of them.  Some of the oilpan bolts were leaking and a
couple of the crankcase bolts in front were leaking.  Actually, they all
might still be--I haven't checked.  I took the bodywork off, hit the
engine with degreaser, hosed it down, let it dry, and started the bike
up and ran it for a while to see where it was leaking.

All the aforementioined bolts were loose, so I tightened them up.  Not
sure if that's your problem, but it could well be.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)