Re: [ST] 3K service

Eric Mann wrote:

> Well, don't have the bike here at the moment to check the Owner's Manual,
> but isn't an oil change recommended at the 3K service?  They did use the
> Triumph Mobil 1 oil at the 600 mile service and the service manager at the
> new shop said that oil goes until 6000 miles until needing changed.  Not
> that I am complaining with the money being saced, just wanted to make sure I
> am not missing something that is supposed to be done.

Hi Eric,
I know you'll probably get messages back saying that it's a 6k service!
In the middle of a 6k road trip last year I decided to get a 3k service.
They used the Triumph oil. I was trying to be nice to my new engine and
change my oil every 3k but being out in the first leg of my trip I
decided to splurge. I also changed my oil at 9k (this time in my
garage). I didn't change at 15K, getting lazy.