Re: [ST] Draining Overflow Reservoir

Richard & Lisa,

  When I check my overflow reservoir I put a flashlight under the
plastic from the exhaust side shinning on the tank to better see the
level. Maybe this will help to see if it has drained. I looked in my
factory service manual but it does not really say anything about if the
tank will drain. Well, maybe try this. What you might do is take off the
seat so you have access to the tanks cap. With the drain plugs out put a
little air pressure in the overflow tank and see if it forces out the
coolant. I have done this with a fuel tank, a rag, a hose in the tank
and a vacuum cleaner in reverse. The pressure displaced the fuel in the
tank in no time at all. Just don't use a compressor with allot of
pressure. I think that air volume is more important than pressure.

 What I would like to know is how you liked the School? What did you
learn, and did you think it was worth the cost.

 Thanks
 Paul Reyes
 99 ST blk