[ST] underseat exhaust and other 'necessary' mods

Just curious if anyone on the list has installed the
underseat exhaust kit shown in the accessories section
of www.triumphnet.com?  I'm looking into it and just
wanted to get some prelim info.

How difficult was the install?

What did you do, if anything, about that nasty 'nub'
on the right side rear peg that holds the stock can
(it just looks nasty to me)?  Are there aftermarket
replacements that would mount on the bike and not have
that 'nub'?  Do you think the bike will look funny
without the rear pegs?

Did you need to get the computer reprogrammed for it
to run correctly?

Were there any special tools needed?

What was the transit time for the pipes to arrive
after they were ordered?

I know these are made outside of the USA, just curious
what the ballpark cost is/was?

What do they sound like?  Is there a significant
change?  If I do the mod, will my Harley-riding
friends continue to ask me how I can tell if my bike
is running?

Any problems mounting luggage after the mod?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/input.