Re: ST SPRINT RADIATOR LEAKAGE

Hi Albert,

I have an 02/99 St and I have replaced 3 leaking radiators.
All within the first 20000 km.
The problem was due to some of the early models having problems
with vibrations around the radiator mounting brackets which
caused them to spring leaks.
This problem was anyhow solved by Triumph through a new radiator
with additional vertical metal bars on both sides which made
them more resistant to these vibrations. The new radiator was
mounted on all ST and RS models and has apparently solved the
problem.
My bike now has 50000 km's, 30000 of which with the new radiator
and no further problem.
So, check your radiator to see if it has the vertical bars and,
if not, I suggest you contact your dealer as they should be aware
about the problem.

Best of luck and cheers,
Carlo