[ST] Givi bags on the ST

Bill,

I have the E36 Givi bags on my ST.  Yes, the frame is tubular and yes it is
ugly, but no, you don't have to lower the pipe.

The indicators have to be relocated onto the racks.  To make it all easy to
put on/take off, I bought a pair of aftermarket rear indicators and soldered
on the same quick connectors as the original Triumph items - I think I
bought them at Radio Shack or an electronics store, but don't remember for
sure.

This way, I can remove/reinstall the racks in about 15 minutes max, leaving
the Triumph indicators on the racks and fit the aftermarket ones on the bike
in a position similar to where the standard items go.  I think if you were
inventive and looked around, you could probably find something that you
could leave in place permanently on the bike, with or without the racks.

The Givi bags are very high quality but definitely not as "built-in" looking
as the Triumph bags - for me their main advantage was that a) they were very
reasonably priced (about 1/2 the Triumph bags) and b) I didn't have to fool
with changing the pipe angle.  Elegant, they ain't, but certainly very
solid, and strongly mounted as well as waterproof.

Alex