Re: [ST] Great road Trip! (and one coming up)

>Just returned from a whirlwind 2K mile tour, - MA - CT - NY - PA - DE -
MD -
>VA - NC - VA - WV - PA - MA. Wed noon to Sun Night.
>I am happy to report that of the 4 bikes involved, CBR600F4, Duc ST4 Honduh
>Nighthawk and My Brilliant Blue ST, there were no mechanical or physical
>failures. Best of all no tickets!

Jay,

Sounds like fun! Next time though, take Nancy. I ran into her at the Lars
Anderson show, and boy was she pissed. ;-)

BTW, we New Englanders have two more "3rd Sunday of the month" gatherings
coming up. Started by Peter Ianniciello as a way to promote regional
participation in R.A.T., the "Diner Ride-In" is just a good excuse to give
yourself a nice day of riding and meeting a bunch of other (Hinckley)
Triumph riders for lunch at a common point. One certainly doesn't have to be
a R.A.T. member to join in.

I'll be going this coming October 21st, barring any snow flying. I usually
plan out a nice route to get there, and a different one to get home. Since
I'm expecting a few friends to come up on their Sprints and Speed Triples
from Manhattan this time, I figure it might be nice to join them for a
portion of their ride home if we can talk them into some western CT routes.

I start out of Sturbridge MA to get there. "There" is the Martindale Chief
Diner in Craryville NY, at the junction of Route 23 and the Taconic Parkway.
It's just a dozen or so miles over the Massachusetts border, and there's
lots of twisty roads between here (MA) and there. We try to all get there
and have lunch together at noon, then go our separate ways again. A good
time, and great food (you'd never know it was a "greasy spoon diner"!)

Jay, your better half Nancy has already told me she wants to do this, so you
might want to tag along. :-)  Hell, if you can ride with Honduhs and a
Ducati for 5 days, you can ride with a pair of yellow RS's for one day!

Anyone one else? I figure if we get an early enough start, we can ride to
meet the Canton (CT) Cycles group before they leave that dealership at 10:00
a.m. Meet in Sturbridge at 8:00, head out by 8:30, and we can have a nice
twisty ride to Canton. They have some awesome roads to get to the diner,
whether we choose to ride with their group or not. Let me know of any
interest?

Ken M.

End of st-digest V2001 #617