[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #609

In a message dated 10/5/01 9:57:12 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Anyone have any suggestions for some cool weather gloves?  Notice I didn't
say cold weather gloves...I have some Widder electric ones that are great
for serious cold but I have to say i prefer the dexterity of "regular"
gloves unless the cold protection is warranted.  My regular riding gloves
(Triumph carbon) are great when it's warm.  I'm looking for some
"in-between" gloves that offer good protection.  I can't do the heated grips

I have some DIFI gloves, Ascot GT Modell (sic)  made in Korea.which I got at
one of the shows. They have Thinsulate to keep you warm, and Gore-tex to keep
you dry, and soft cowhide on the outside, with  short, but long enough Velcro
closure gauntlets, and didn't cost much. They worked fine for me in cold and
rain to Daytona and back this spring. I do have the Triumph heated grips, but
the insulation in the gloves was such that I could barely feel the heat. Dave
Collins, San Diego