[ST] Radiator Problem

    I was just loading up my ST for a long weekend trip and noticed a
puddle of antifreeze underneath the bike.  Seems that there is a leak
from one of the left side hoses, the top one of the two.  Not
necessarily from the hose; however, from where the shaft meets the
radiator.  Has this been a problem on the 2001 Sprint?

    On another note, this is the second thing to go wrong on the bike
since April 2001 when I purchased it.  The second trip that I will miss
as well because of these issues.  First trip was a clutch cable that
snapped at 2250 miles, took 1 1/2 weeks to get in a new clutch cable.
Now the radiator issue.  Am I wrong to expect a $10,000+ motorcycle to
be more mechanically sound?  I really like the Sprint ST that I own;
however, I am getting worried about taking it further from home then I
want to walk back.  Any encouragement one way or another?

Regards,

Scott Johnson
01' Sprint ST

End of st-digest V2001 #621