Re: Clutch cable (again) was: RE: [ST] Intro

Call TriumphUSA in GA and let them know.  that is what I had to do after
droppping my bike off.  My dealer told me that cables weren't warranty
items when I dropped the bike off.  After calling Triumnph they called the
dealer and I didn't have to pay.

I checked the warranty booklet BTW and I couldn't find anything that said
cables weren't covered.  Fortunately in the bay area I have a selection
of dealers to take my bike to to get it worked on.  I am moving down the
list to the 2nd closest one to my house now.

Wes

On Thu Oct 11 at 06:36:41 PM, Ben Snyder wrote:

> I argued that same point with every dealer in the
> state of Ohio, they all told me that it would not be
> covered under warranty.
>
> Now that I know what I know, I'm going to try to get
> money back from them, but I think my chances are slim.
>
> If that doesnt work, I'll contact Triumph customer
> service and register a complaint against the
> shops...probably will be fruitless, but you never
> know.
>

> --- Chris Strizver <strizver@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Ben,
> >
> > Yes, there have been lots of '01 ST's with broken
> > cables, and yours fits the
> > profile perfectly. You can search the archives if
> > you want. As far as the
> > warranty issue, I can't believe you let them make
> > you pay for it. There
> > isn't a consumable part on the bike that wears out
> > in 3K miles. Heck,
> > according to the maintenance schedule, there aren't
> > any consumable parts
> > that need replacing under 12K, except oil and
> > filters!
> >
> > I'd suck up the spare you bought and keep it under
> > your seat. However, I
> > would also go get my money back for the parts and
> > labor on the one that was
> > replaced. Yes, this is a KNOWN issue! (or should be
> > by now)
> >
> > -Chris

- --
~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.