[ST] Re: Rick's GenMars

Thanks Jack,

I probably didn't fully explain the extent of my needs.  Here's a part of my
off-list exchange with Alex in Louisiana, earlier today:

"I'm also going to investigate other OE bar mountings, for example Classic
Triumphs, Speed Triple and those of other manufacturers.  I'm not familiar
enough with other mfg's. to know if any of them use the ST's offset mounting
holes in the upper triple clamp.  Another option would be to exchange the
upper triple clamp.  I've even considered swapping the complete front end
(forks, triple clamp, steering stem) with those of the Speed Triple, which
would yield full adjustablility and the tubular bars.  How that would affect
geometry is unknown.  Needless to say, at this point I have more questions
than answers."

"I can't get comfortable on the ST, so I don't even come close to the speeds
at which I routinely rode the Trophy.  Other riders in our group have
'commented' on this.  What I want/need is a sporty bike with a relaxed,
standard riding position.  Then I'll work on scraping pegs :o)."

So, it's not about another 3/4" of bar height.  It's about moving the bars
back, perhaps 2-3".  Plus I want the adjustability of tubular bars---perhaps
a narrower version of the Tiger's riding position.  If I were 6' instead of
5'8" I might have bought a Tiger.  But with my 28" inseam, I didn't want to
take on
another tall, top heavy bike!

Rick