[ST] Grand Prix

Well, I'm just back from the 500cc (and 125 and 250) Grand Prix - what a
great day.  I won't spoil it by posting the results here, only to say that
the 500 race is really worth watching - I think the winning margin was 0.013
sec.

Anyway, while the racing was great, what really excited me (this was my
first time to Philip Island) was the parking lot, and the run home.  Looking
around the parking lot you could see pretty much any bike you can buy - a
few STs Speed Triples etc and a lot of more exotic machinery.

On the run home, people were lining the streets waving at the bikes.  At
every traffic light there were huge crowds, with people waving flags and
signs saying "Mono" - which many obliged, to roars of approval.  Given that
this was my first race meeting of any kind, do people line the roads for the
returning bikes from any other events?

I rode alongside a Benelli for a while - the exhaust note was so much nicer
than the Triumph's - maybe time for a new can?.

Phil