[ST] Upright ST bars?

Mark,

I checked with Heli-Bars as I'd heard someone had done exactly that.  They
were, er, a little unhappy with the whole idea - although the general
sentiment was expressed a bit more strongly than that.  Their point was that
strength is very severely compromised.  The guy I spoke to, I believe, owns
the company.  He said, quite reasonably, that if it was so easy to do, they
would have done it ages ago - and charged a bit extra for the option, which
people would paid.

 >From my own experience of tubulars in general (on a larger scale though) I
would have to agree with what they say.  Years ago, on a '67 Triumph, one
side of my handlebar broke off due to severe internal rusting - the event
definitely held my attention.

Alex