[ST] Re: ST bodywork on RS??

>Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:27:52 -0400
>From: "Ken Mitchell" <ken_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ST] ST bodywork on RS??

>Turning an RS into an ST would be on the same scale as the S3 to Daytona
>switch. That's due to that fact that although all the bodywork my exchange,
>you big expense will be in chaging over the headlamp mounting hardware.
>
>I own an RS, but got a factory service manual for an ST pretty cheap
>(thanks, Andrew Bell). The headlamp mounting was, other than the swingarm,
>the most significant difference between my bike and the one in my book.
>
>I'm not sure it would be worth the expense. Might be cheaper to just trade
>in.
>
>Ken M.

Not only is the mounting arrangement for the two different, but remember you
will need to determine how far you want to go with the cockpit as the
mounting points for the STcluster to the RS pod are quite different.  With
the cost of the ST cluster you would probably want to go with an unfinished
(a la RS) cockpit and retain the RS pod. You would no doubt need to cobble
together some sort of hybrid bracket to accommodate the differences.

I bet it could be done without much pain if you have the patience to shop
used.

At least the headlights are the same parts! (saving you money already ;-)  )

Jay 00ST
Nancy 00RS