[ST] An intersting encounter tonight

Howdy,

	This evening was so beautiful, clear and cool. I just had to go
for a ride down to my favorite cafe for dinner. On the return trip as I
crest a hill and start down the backside, out of the woods at the edge
of the road comes a blur a little bigger than a softball and slams into
my chest just below the collar bone and slightly off center to the
right. Let me just say that it makes quite a nice solid THUNK when it
hits me at 75 mph!
	Oddly enough I do not freak. I just slow, think for a second
about what just happened, and turn around to go look for the culprit. A
hundred yards or so back up the road there lay a small owl in the road
right about where I was when I was hit. I pull over to check him out.
Freshly dead, or so stunned he does not react at all when I hold him up
by the feet to take a look. He is about ten inches tall and like I
said, his head is the size of a softball. A pale face and large
dialated eyes. He certainly got the worst end of the bargain. I imagine
the little fireants were singing praises to their fireant god after I
laid the fresh carcass next to their large mound. The winter food
supply in one fell swoop hehe.
	I guess I must have brain damage from the impact. All I could
think about after he hit me, other than "OUCH!", was "Thank God he
missed the bike! That would have been expensive." So other than a large
bruise on my chest and a little soreness, it was only a slightly fowl
experience ;-)

Adios,

- --
Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2001 Honda VFR 800 Fi His in Red
1998 Honda VFR 800 Fi Hers in OEM Blue - RED BODYWORK FOR SALE!!
1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT (FOR SALE)
http://sfriday.com/
http://pages.tca.net/sfriday/ (mirror site)