[ST] Scottish Holiday

My disappointment at missing out on the trip to British Columbia (thanks to
our dear friend Bin Laden) was reduced when I was blessed with great riding
weather at home. I managed the feat of finding places in this small country
I had never been before, as well as riding lots of my favourite roads. I put
in about 2,500 miles in all with about 600 miles being the longest day but
most about 200 or less. New back tyre, new chain, service etc all fitted in
as well.
I have uploaded three contrasting pictures from a long list of wonderful
shots I accumulated. One showing the start of a 20 miles piece of heaven
near Loch Ness. (The circuit around Loch Ness is tremendous.) One is a
classic Scottish view of a still piece of water (without Highland cattle)
near Callander in the Trossachs and one of the RS beside the bay at Oban.
But my favourite bit of road is still "Bridge of Brown" which is between
Tomintoul and Ballater. It could be steeper and more radical even than the
Corkscrew at Laguna. Scares the shshyouknowwhat out of first timers. It is
on a road past the Lecht ski centre which also has wonderful open steep
twisty exits from the summit. Test your nerve!
It did rain on some of the days of course just enough to need to keep the
oversuit close by. Just enough to make me appreciate it when it was dry.
The new chain referred to above has been replaced partly under warranty
since it only did 6,500 miles before bagging out completely. The new one is
a gold DID. It seems better so far.
So looks like it will be May or June 2002 for BC. looking forward to it.

Salty Dawg Dave