[ST] Re: Upright ST bars?

Thanks Paul,

That's why I want to take advantage of the variety of tubular bars
available.  As to the machining itself, once we narrow down the design
ideas, simplicity will be one of the main criteria.  There are already
choices in the $350-400 range (Two Bros/Heli) which offer limited
results---albeit very high apparent quality.  What I hope to create will
combine the simplicity of say, the Speed Triple/Thunderbird OE installation,
with reversibility to stock and no visible signs of alteration.

FYI, one of our RAT members has double-stacked Gen Mars on his RS.  The only
clearance problem was the throttle cable to screen side support plastic,
which he modified with a dremel tool.

Rick in Oregon
'NO Dawg!'
'01 Sprint ST

Sold:  '99 Trophy 1200;
'81 GS650G; '80 CB750F;
'69 Mach III; '60? Vespa;
'5? BSA Bantam 175

> be sure to take into account the problem of fairing and tank clearance.
> i tried heli-bars, briefly, on my RS, and found that there was only
> about one position in which they could be used where they cleared
everything
> appropriately.  (i may have had them on top of the gen-mars, i don't
recall.)
> i'm just thinking that you might want to do a mockup of whatever you
> come up with before doing a lot of expensive machining, in order to check
> for fit/clearance/etc.
>
> paul

>  > Yesterday I spoke with a machinist about tubular bar conversion
bracketry.
>  > He came up with several ideas which we'll explore over the next few
months.