Re: Brokerage fee for Out of Country Purchase?

 >From: "Scott" <98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >order to get the goods through Customs. Therefore, either myself of
 >Extreme Honda is responsible for their brokerage fee. Here I am nearly
 >four and a half months after the purchase and now I find out about
 >this? What gives here?

Scott, I have had to pay a brokerage fee on goods I've bought from the
states in the past. Any time something passes the border, there are a myriad
of charges levied. I have had to pay for shipping, insurance, duty,
brokerage fees, GST, yadda, yadda, yadda. It gets quite expensive. Nowadays,
if there is a cycle part I need, I try to avoid getting it out of the US if
at all possible due to the hassle and expense over the border. So don't feel
alone. We canucks get screwed over by the customs and brokerage people as
well.

For more info, try here: http://www.customs.gov/ (US customs service)

Later...ROB
'99 GL800RR