RE: [ST] Heated grips

>To those that have installed their own heated
>grips, how difficult was it?
>Any special tools needed?

The Triumph heated grips install is a piece of cake.  Anyone with general
knowledge of how to use a screwdriver should be able to handle this task.
The only part that's a little nerveracking is cutting a big hole in your
plastic to mount the switch.  I mounted mine in the "stock" or suggested
position and there is a template to tell you where to cut the plastic.
There are other places that it will go if you want to be creative.

You'll need a phillips screwdriver and something to cut the plastic.  I
used a Dremmel tool.  You'll also need to remove the left side plastic to
install the switch, and to connect the electrics and relay.

>Does any one have any compaints about the size of the grips?
>Do they feel bulky at all?
>Do they seem to feel different when riding?

They feel great to me.  They are only slightly larger than stock, but they
do not feel bulky.  Compared to the Hot Grips brand of heated grips, they
are much smaller and are contoured to fit the hand better.  Plus, they are
still somewhat soft, unlike the rock-hard Hot Grips brand.

Hope this helps.

Tad Gralewski   tad_gralewski@xxxxxxxx
01 Triumph Sprint ST - Allison
95 ST1100 - STress-Reliever  STOC #1539
77 GS750 - The Blue Dolphin
93 CBR1000F - The Black Whale - R.I.P. (rebuild in progress)
http://members.home.com/tadgralewski
The best things in life that you find are
those things you never went looking for. - RTG