RE: [ST] St-Dead Battery Already?

Andy Cunningham wrote:

>> I have an '01 with less than 1k miles on it, and the
>> battery was dead this morning.  It's been cool at
>> night, but not that cool.  Does this sound right? It's
>> been setting for about 5 days since I rode it last.
>
>I'd say you've got a shagged battery.  If you haven't got an alarm fitted
>which is drawing from the battery there's no reason it should run down so
>quickly.  I've just returned from 2 weeks away and my RS started first push
>of the button, with strong headlights etc.

Even with the alarm fitted, my ST started fine after sitting around for 3-4
weeks doing nothing.  As others have suggested, check the ignition wasn't
left in the parking light position and double-check the kill switch before
suspecting the battery.  One time I even got as far as taking off the seat,
disconnecting the battery and measuring the voltage before I remembered to
look at the kill switch...doh!!!

Neil