Re: [ST] Brokerage fee for Out of Country Purchase?

Neil Lindsey wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> First of all, I think things may have changed considerably since 9/11, but
> more importantly you are in the US if I'm not mistaken, and the lister that
> started this thread was talking about what happens in Canada.  The broker
> may not physically handle each item, but they do the paperwork (not that I'm
> trying to justify the amount of their fee).

I agree things may have changed since 9/11, but Scott ordered and
received these months ago.  I've never heard of such a thing.  Any time
I have shipped items to another country, I've filled out the necessary
customs paperwork and sent it on its way.  When I've received things
from another country, I've never had anyone call me with such a story.
Maybe Canada works differently than the rest of the world, but if I were
Scott, I would refuse to pay him.  He doesn't know this broker at all
and did not contract for his service.  He's going to have to provide
more proof than a telephone call out of nowhere that Scott owes him the
money.

Lisa