[ST] Re: st-heated grips

On Saturday, October 20, 2001, at 11:55 PM, st-digest wrote:

> It is very simple.  The hardest part is getting the old grips off.  I
> had to
> cut one of them off with a razor blade.  The installation is very
> easy.  All
> you need is a phillips head if I remember correctly.

For those of us who have replaced the stock grips with more comfortable
ones and don't want to go back to the hard rubber Triumph style I have
found an alternative, though haven't tried it myself yet.   Rider
Warehouse catalog (Aerostitch suits) lists some grip warmers that you
velcro OVER the grips - They are not a permanent install and look like
they would work just fine.  Might be something worth considering, and
they were MUCH cheaper than the Triumph kit.

The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed.
A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to
arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country... ~~ James
Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789.