[ST] Speedvision

Just searched through my recent trash looking for a very nice reply I
got from Speedvision re: possible programing changes resulting from the
recent acquisition by Fox. Unfortunately I deleted it. But the gist of
it was that they have no intention of becoming NascarTV.  The hopeful
out look is that the influx of cash as well as added viewership will
enable Speedvision to expand the coverage of all racing.  How long has
it been since Larry Nuber (sp?) covered the AMA dirt track series on
ESPN2? And whatever happened to the great World of Outlaws coverage?

Believe me, no one is more heartbroken about losing F1 to ABC/ESPN than
the folks at Speedvision.  But understand this is the doing of Bernie,
not Speedvision. In a few years when the Concord Agreement expires, the
general consensus is that he will be shown the door by the major players
in the sport, and not a minute too soon.

Bottom line is I would personally rather see coverage of Go Kart racing
than Nascar, but if it comes down to it I would rather see Nascar
programing than Ron Popeil hawking his "set it and forget it" convection
oven or "MotorMillions"  for the seventeenth time.  Let's hope the
Nascar bucks allow us all to see live coverage of Isle of Man,
Paris-Dakar, and Pikes Peak as well as the ALMS and flag to flags of the
endurance races (Lemans was the best) next year.

David
'99ST