[ST] Chain Life and the Protechtor (Sp?)

Hi Keith,

Good to hear you are still out there!  Disappointing to hear of the belt
drive failure - it sounded so promising.  Hopefully, they won't give up.
I'd sort of cooled off on the idea, not because of the idea itself but
because I'm developing a bad case of "I want" for a Bonneville to join the
ST and the conversion would have eaten about 20% of the cost of the Bonny.
Haven't ridden one yet, so that might kill of the urge, which became that
much stronger when I found that there is a solution to that tacky looking
bend in the exhaust pipe, although you lose the old-fashioned look of the
peashooters.  If the Bonneville REALLY catches on, I expect he French GO
outfit will do something similar to what they did for the Kawi 650.

Back to chains - thank you very much for the information, certainly the most
useful of the selection of e-mails that arrived!

I'm still trying to find the Protechtor (sp?) which was made in the UK - it
was/is a total-enclosure type chain guard.  One of my brothers friends (now
long out of contact) got over 30k miles out of one of the big Kawasakis
using the thing.  It only weighed about 2-3 pounds, and although it wasn't
stunningly attractive it did keep the back end of the bike clean and
obviously worked wonders for chain life.  Anyone know anywhere to get these
things?

Alex