[ST] RE: Belt Drive Kit

> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:12:29 -0400
> From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >  now that the belt drive option has fallen through.
> i didn't see that news.  that's too bad -- it was a cool project.
> the failure was bad enough to make them give up?

Paul,

Juergen reported that all was well at the end of September, and that he'd
covered about 1200 miles on his Speed Triple without any (apparent)
problems. He was confident enough to start a limited production run.

Just before production was due to start (around mid-October), his belt
snapped. The end result is that he's not confident enough to offer the Kit
for sale, and has resorted to chain!

He's promised a full report in the t5net forum, which I'll bounce to ST in
due course.

Awaiting the details... ~:(

Regards,
- --