Re: [ST] trip report--Talimena Byway

The Talimena is ok, but NOT if you like tight technical riding, the only way
you will lean is if you are going really really fast. If you're like me and
like tight curves (35 mph and less) then the road to take in Arkansas is
341.

North Central and North Western Arkansas are the most awesome places I've
ever been for riding the tighter more technical curves. Better than anyplace
in Colorado, or western South Dakota. They don't get the freeze/thaw as bad
as other places, so the roads are in great condition. There is very little
traffic. I've never ridden in Deal's Gap, so I can't compare Arkansas to the
Eastern US, but from the info on this list, it sounds like there is alot of
traffic in Deal's Gap.

I feel like an oddball(for more reasons than 1), but if I'm having a truly
enjoyable ride, I don't even see the scenery because I'm concentrating on
the thrill of the curves and making sure the road is safe. I could care less
about taking pictures of beautiful scenery. I want the pure satisfaction of
executing the curves perfectly.

imHo :)

Prairie Dawg