Re: [ST] Opinions Wanted - call State Farm or not?

Hey Paul,

A few years ago I had an unexplained series of accidents in my Truck and my
wifes car.  At the time I had a ten year accident free discount.  I was
wondering the same things so I just called my agent and asked them.  They
explained the whole process to me and helped me decide which ones to claim or
not.  It involves who is at fault (if it's the other vehicle no impact on my
rates), it also involves the amount of the claim (under a certain amount,
$700.00 or $800.00, no impact on rates).  Also involved is how many accidents
you have had.  You get one or two before the rates are effected.

In my case the only claim that changed my rates was for about $1,500.00 and all
that happened was I lost my 10% 10 year accident free discount.

I would reccomend calling your agent, mine have always been very helpful.  They
won't up your rates just because they know you had and accident, even if you
have it estimated by St. Farm claims adjusters.  Only if you file a claim.