Re: [ST] Opinions Wanted - call State Farm or not?

> Left mirror - was bent and the boot is detached and scuffed.

Cost is in the vincity of $90.00 should you choose to replace it.

> Left handle bar - the end capped was ripped off, the grip end scraped, and
> the bar bent.

Don't know what it would cost to correct/replace the bar.  While you're
replacing the bar tips, put the coast of that towards a Throttlemeister
. . .

> Left fork - the bottom is pretty badly scraped up.

Have it inspected for further damage.

> Left pannier outer panel - very badly scraped.

Outer painted half of pannier is $200.00

> Lower left body panel - badly cracked as well as scratched
> Upper left body panel - scrached bad in one spot

If this is the belly pan, I don't know what that costs.  The middle
piece is approx. $300.00, and the outer cockpit piece is around
$235.00.  You may also need to replace the brackets and you have to
order the insulation separate from the plastic . . . .

> It seems to be running fine otherwise and was able to ride the 15 miles home
> w/o incident.
> Question 1:
> Any ideas on what the cost would be to have this repaired w/o going through
> insurance?

See above . . . . You're getting into the range of being worth it to
file a claim . . . .

> Question 3:
> Any other ideas/opinions on how best to proceed or in general would be
> appreciated.

Talk to your agent and go from there!  We've had a few incidents that
were only $100-200 more than our $500.00 deductible, and we've eaten
those (hence the knowledge above ;-)), but much past that, I figure I
have insurance for a reason, and I'm going to use it.

Lisa
Houston, TX
'99 Sprint ST