Re: [ST] Cable Breakage

Ben,

 I do not want to get up on a soap box but something you said struck a
nerve.

Ben Snyder wrote:
After the problems I've had (and others have had) with
> that shop, I'll never return for service, but they can
> sell me a bike any day - they make good deals on the
> sale.

 Why would you want to line the pockets of a shop when they do not
provide you with the best service possible for your bike? I must admit
that I once also had the same frame of mind. Then I realized that it was
far better to pay a little more for my bike to get top notch service
from a top notch shop. If a shop is selling a bike for less than the
rest of the shops in your area, what do you think they are paying their
mechanics? Do you think they are even qualified to work on your pride
and joy? Do you know what they call the last person that graduated from
Motorcycle Mechanic School? Motorcycle Mechanic, even if they can hardly
turn a wrench. Allot of those guys only know how to change parts out and
could not trouble shoot there way out of a corner. That trouble shooting
part and experience is worth the price of admission. Maybe if we did not
spend our money at those shops they would just go away like a bad dream.

The shop I deal with here in Portland Oregon will bend over backwards to
make sure you are taken care of, I will gladly pay more up front because
I know that I will receive allot more in service after I ride away from
the sale. They treat you like your the most important customer they
have. After all what do you have left after the new smell wares off, and
your clutch cable brakes or you have a premature dead battery. Or worse
when you get your bike back and you have 15 new problems to replace the
2 you took it in for in the first place.

 Just to let you know I do not work for a shop or own one. I am a
consumer like most folks out there trying to get the best bang for my
buck. But a good price on a new bike is not so good if you have to push
it around because the dealer can't fix it right, or at all! You would
get super gas mileage though, and your tire's would last forever.

 Ride Safe Have Fun
 Paul Reyes
 99 ST Blk