RE: [ST] Opinions Wanted - call State Farm or not?

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Just Daetrin wrote:

> Thanks Dan,
>
> >Dirt on a cold tire and the pavement striping often gives me a bit of a
> >slip.  Add in a reflector bump and that might be enough to put you down
>
> Ugh, totally forgot about the tires being cold.  Wish I had.

Sorry to hear about your down. I have also surcomed to cold tire itus.
about 2 years ago I was leaving a Ford dealership, got talking to the
sales guy a bit too long, and forgot that I might have to re-warm the
tires on that 45 deg day. Anyway, made a left hand turn, gavethe old 9r
a bit too much gas as there was traffic approaching from the right. And
sure enough, I was on my ass watching my beautiful, up to that minute
virginal, bike slide 30 feet down hwy 121 doing a 180 deg pivot. Glad I
was wearing my gloves and jacket (of course the helmet was on), very
much wish I was wearing my chaps!

On that one I ate the bar end, generator cover, left fairing, left pedal
stay and pillion handle.  The future owner painted the scuffs in the
rear cowling.

Good luck, I know exactly what you are going through.
Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500