RE: [ST] New file uploaded -- valves

It was pretty easy, but spend the $70 and get the tool (or maybe I could
rent mine out???).

Abbreviated steps:

1. remove valve cover, using rear tire in 6th, rotate engine until valve
lobe is straight up on number 3 cylinder, using feeler gauges measure gap,
repeat for all valve (you can do them in pairs)  Write down each gap

2. If out of spec use chart in manual and figure out what size shims you
need.  Call your dealer, make sure they have the ones you need, go get them.
They are like $7.00 bucks per shim, hopefully you only need one or two (I
needed three)

3.  Using tool, extract shims with a small wedge (screw driver).

4. coat new shims in oil, put in place of old shim

5. your done

I will try and do a very detailed write up in the near future and maybe get
it included in the FAQ.  Actually had a lot of fun doing them, it was hard
enough I felt very proud, yet easy enough I didn't kill anyone.

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (yellow)
Fredericksburg, Va.  USA