[ST] Speed Channel (formerly Speedvision)

Well Folks,
	Looks like we may have been a bit premature in our worry over the
turn left guys taking over "our" race channel. The following was taken
directly from the main page at Speedvision's web site:

2002 Speed Channel Program Lineup

Stamford, Conn., Oct. 27 - The programming you've come to depend on will
continue on Speed Channel in 2002:

* F1 (currently in negotiations)
* CART
* Le Mans
* ALMS
* All 2001 Motorcycle programming will continue in 2002.
* Speedvision World Challenge
* NASCAR with Inside Winston Cup plus magazine and historical programming
* NASCAR regional series events
* Trans-Am
* Grand-Am
* World Rally
* Hooters Pro Cup
* Weekly motorsports news programs and features
* Barrett-Jackson Auction
* Oshkosh Airventure 2002

WOOHOO!!!!!!! I am especially pleased that the F1 negotiations are still
taking place. After seeing both ABC and Speedvisions coverage of the
USGP.....I would think ABC was embarrassed! So we will get to see the new 4
stroke GP bikes and in another little tasty bit from Cycle News:

It's Still Foggy At This Point:
A delicious rumor has none other than Carl Fogarty being the figurehead for
a new Sauber/Triumph triple World Superbike team. This particular rumor
makes perfect sense for a car racing outfit who want to make some commercial
ground on their otherwise dead-end GP project, while Triumph would gain some
well-needed racing credibility and a Supersports streetbike to take on the
R1s and GSX-R1000s on a level footing.

The rules which forbid too much cross over between the new Grand Prix bikes
and any World Superbike spin-offs could be neatly sidestepped by Triumph
de-tuning and re-branding the Sauber GP engine as their own, and then
producing just enough of them for the street - using their own chassis and
cycle parts - to qualify for World Superbike.

Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please let this one be true!

Later,
Dave