Re: [ST] Cable Breakage

I see your guys' point, and the statement I made about
selling me a bike anytime was somewhat hollow.

This ST is my first bike outside of the dirt bikes I
grew up riding.

There are a few reasons I bought from the shop I didd:

There were 2 shops in town that sold them (I was
trying to decide between the ST and a VFR, I think I
made the right choice).  One shop had a '99 on the
floor and didnt seem overly interested in getting a
'01 for me (which is what I wanted), the other had a
'01 on the floor.  If you dont seem interested in
getting what your customer wants, you must not want to
sell to them.

I'd had some friends buy from the shop I bought from
and they had all gotten great deals and nobody had had
any problems with service.  My dumb ass never realized
that they never NEEDED service.  Since then I know a
lot of folks who've had problems with the service dept
at this shop - while the other shop's service dept is
regarded as top notch.

Needless to say, I'd still buy from them if they are
my only option, but I'd prefer to buy from someone
else.  I guess that's what I meant when I first
posted, but the way I worded it suggested something
else.